[resource-net] reSource 003: P2P Vorspiel - Proposal NK

Farahnaz Hatam info at nkprojekt.de
Tue Nov 20 22:45:50 CET 2012

Dear All, I think our proposal best fits BWPWAP: a crisis of
classification that re-enacts not so distant pasts. Best, Farah

Saturday Jan 26th 2013 @ NK

Celebrating Cross over in music, we propose an evening of concerts in
which different styles and genres of music come together in one artistic
project. Each of the projects in the program have roots in the
experimental music scene as well as in club music. The proposed
performances in the program Cross over are influenced by Techno as much
as by Avant-garde modernist traditions. *

*The program is still not complete as I am waiting for a final confirmation.

Bill Kouligas is a sound artist, composer and designer who also runs the
sound art label PAN. He has collaborated with the likes of Joseph
Hammer, Destroy All Monsters, C Spencer Yeh, John Olson, Christian
Weber, Chris Corsano, RLW, Kouhei Matsunaga among others.

Navnlaust Mønster Opptog is the new project of the norwegian drummer and
percussionist Morten J. Olsen [NO] (drums, mixer | MoHa!, Ultralyd,
Splitter Orchester ...)) , with the electronic catalan musician and
sound artist Ruben Patiño (Pato) [SP] (laptop, mixer)

Their project joint blending acoustic sounds with other computer
generated and explores the boundaries of repetitive structures and
spatialisation of sound. The slide works are characterized by a style
that is both algorithmic composition hiperenergètic and irreverent.

Fredrik Olofsson aka redFrik was formally trained as a composer at the
Royal University College of Music in Stockholm. Since his graduation
2000, he has worked as a freelancing artist creating visuals, electronic
music and installations. As a video artist he has travelled the world
collaborating with a multitude of performance artists, dancers and
musicians. As a programmer he is known as a frequent contributor in the
SuperCollider open source community. Together with the group/project
MusicalFieldsForever he has exhibited interactive art at museums and
galleries in England, Germany, Japan and in the Scandinavian countries.