[resource-net] reSource 003 - ikonoTV proposal

maru at ikono.org maru at ikono.org
Tue Nov 20 21:13:39 CET 2012

Dear reSource community,

Having attended the first reSource meeting at General Public in May,
we have been following the conversation with much interest, and since
the publication of the open call for participation in the reSource
003: P2P Vorspiel, we have been thinking about possible spaces for
collaboration between the reSource network and our platform ikonoTV.

A little bit about ourselves:
ikonoTV is foremost a multimedia platform for art content. Among other
services, we currently provide two digital television channels,
ikonoMENASA (broadcasting our content in 22 countries in the Middle
East, North Africa and South Asia) and ikonoTV (broadcasted in
Germany, Austria, and soon in Italy, France and the Netherlands). Also
in the very near future, we will be launching our online channel.

About our content, the festival theme and spaces for possible collaboration:
This year's Trasmediale theme "The Golden Age" speaks to us in a very
precise way.  Relating to the issue of eclecticism and the
overabundance of material put forth by the festival's theme, our
approach is to filter through this excess of information to find and
establish organized connections between different times and locations
in an informed and curated way. On the one hand our in-house
productions treat the overabundance of art historical images and
databases as an invaluable resource to create curated shows on HD
video that bring art closer to the general public, without the use of
spoken commentary. On the other hand, we provide a platform for
emerging contemporary artists to broadcast their work in different
cultural contexts. It is in reference to this second type of content
that we would like to present our proposal.

As we are and have always been based in Berlin, we would like to take
this opportunity offered by reSource to establish a more personal
relationship with local spaces and producers. And so our proposal is,
so to say, an open-call within an open-call. We would like to invite
the members of the Resource community to use our channels to broadcast
their content on our German and online channels for the duration of
the P2P Vorspiel (Jan 25 ?27 2013), to be repeated several times for
the duration of the Transmediale Festival. We are specifically looking
for non-narrative, time-based works, which can be video art, or
documentation of other time-based media.

The resulting selection will be broadcasted in our Germany and online
channels, and will feature as a special widget that will be embedded
on our blog. A further space for collaboration, as well as a way of
taking an active part in sharing your content, would be to embed this
widget on the Resource website, as well as your websites and blogs,
and invite friends and collegues to do the same.

If you would be interested to collaborate with us, and would like to
have more specific details about the profile of our content, please
don't hesitate to contact us at info at ikono.org (subject header
"reSource open call).

We will also be present at the next Resource meeting in December and
would be happy meet you there personally.

In the meantime, if you would like to know more about our platform,
visit us at http://ikono.org/
If you would like to know more about our widget, visit us at
http://ikono.org/widget-archive/artconnect-berlin-widget-2/

Thank you, and looking forward to hearing from you!
Best regards,

Maru Ituarte

Maru Ituarte | Project Management  |  Greifswalderstr. 208, 10405
Berlin  |  Germany  |  mobile: +491607846809  |   fax: +4930201632869
www.ikono.org  |   www.facebook.com/ikonotv   |   www.twitter.com/ikonotv
ikonoTV in Germany on Entertain & ikonoMenasa on ARABSAT (22 Arab countries)
and with IPTV Etisalat channel 484 (UAE), du channel 410 in Dubai, in
Beirut with Solidere channel 232