[resource-net] LIEBIG12 - VORSPIEL 2013

Gaia Bartolini liebigzwoelfe at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 19 19:55:06 CET 2012

Dear resource people,
its going to be a gorgeous weekend and I see most of you have planned great events…ah!…I wish I could be there!!!…but instead Ill set more fire..big fire! -- enjoy the end of this 2012 and be well and ready for the new world coming up!

Allegra&Liebig12

LIEBIG12 - VORSPIEL 2013

JANUARY 2013

FREITAG 25
from 6pm - group show and performances

"AUF DEM SCHLA-FLOß" - Episode II
street / public art intervention for LIEBIGSTRASSE 12 by Holger Bleck & Allegra solitude

"EGO´S  WIDOW''
performance by Pietro La Hara

‘Ego’s Widow’ is a live sculpture performance piece, representing of the inner state, by the split between true self and false self: the higher and the lower. It celebrates the end of an era, not only on a personal level, but also from a global view. It’s the triumph of feminine energy over thy male dominating structures of belief systems and politics. It’s the advent of the Venus’s era, as a symbol of inner-deeper beauty, rather than physical and material. It celebrates the death of the attachments with the core values by which the western world has established its power, the exasperation of acquiring trough the accumulation of capital, the fetishism of technologies.
I explore the relationship between man and nature using rhythm, chanting, fusing ancient practices with electronic music and voice work to induce states of meditation, establishing distilled maps of performance rituals; including cleansing, blessing, death and rebirth: renewal, regeneration...We have never left the Garden of Eden, we are in rhythm with the cycles of the seasons, but this balance is increasingly getting disrupted."

MEDITATIONALSCAPES - performances until 11pm - by

SIMON OLIVIER  "SINWAVE" (electric guitar - roland keyboard - analogue and digital effects) - solo

NICO LIPPOLIS (drums and percussions) & GIOVANNI VERGA ( different effects / sound colours + electronics & keyboard) - duo

more under
LIEBIG12.WORDPRESS.COM & lahara.portfoliobox.net

SAMSTAG 26
Composers talk / performance from 7pm

"CLOUDS, SIEVES and BEES" - CRISTIAN VOGEL

"Some of my recent music is derived from a mashup of algorithmic, philosophical and formalist thinking about composition.  I hope to share my enthusiasm for thinking about more abstract compositional theory, and how this can be motivating for the challenge of inventing modern music."

Cristian Vogel has been a long-term innovator in the composition, mixing and performance of electronic sounds. Over a 20 year career at the vanguard of European electronic music, his work has been highly acclaimed for its quality, vision and attention to detail. He has been acknowledged for blueprinting the “minimal” and “wonky” techno music styles back in the mid-nineties, as well as outstanding work in the field of avant-garde composition for contemporary dance, film and sound art.

more under
LIEBIG12.WORDPRESS.COM & no-future.com/vogel_microsite/

SONNTAG 27
solo exhibition opening from 6pm

A SCANNER DARKLY, 2013
a site specific audiovisual installation by Pierce Warnecke curated with Manuela Benetton

"In order to better understand us, a machine of non-human origin appears in our reality.
Its function seems to be to study the peculiarities of its new surroundings, done by scanning objects and elaborating an audiovisual analysis of them. From it's imaginary objective viewpoint, the machine explores generative and degenerative processes based on observed patterns it detects in our world, which we interpret as audio and video streams.
The piece is also, in a sense, a homage to the science fiction genre in its entirety, whether it be the intellectual, esteemed and innovative side (Ryoji Ikeda,Andrei Tarkovsky) or the more popular, clichéd or even ironic side (John Carpenter, Philip K. Dick)"

more under
LIEBIG12.WORDPRESS.COM & www.piercewarnecke.com

Liebig12
Liebigstrasse12 - 10247 - Berlin