[resource-net] The people

Diana McCarty diana.mccarty at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 15 18:42:24 CET 2012

Greetings List!

Christian: thanks for the response! You are one the few people I actually know I
know on the list!

Tatiana: List admin is a drag (I've been doing it for about 15 years!).
thanks, I resubscribed and hopefully I won't need to bother you again!

Maybe I jump in with some infos on me and related projects:

In Berlin, it is mostly reboot.fm (free artists radio) (along with Pit
Schultz, Guido and Noemie) and about 85 program makers. We also
started radia.fm for cultural radios (23 worldwide at the moment) and
do regular broadcast exchanges. In the past it was the now defunct
bootlab that was an early artist/hacker space and mikro. e.V. that did
monthly media events in the WMF club.

Before that, it was nettime, (with Pit and Geert), syndicate on
east/west europe, and spectre.

I still moderate faces (for women and media) where we try to send
short bios to the list for new subscribers - or encourage members to
use the database so everybody has an idea who/what we are...
faces-l.net. The community also organizes meet ups during events like
ISEA, Ars Electronica and Transmediale to get to know each other in
real life. Oh, and Budapest - MetaForum and the Media Research
Foundation and things like Koz Hely (one of the first internet service
providers in Hungary! Modelled on XS4all in Amsterdam - in 1995!
tanked badly, but lovely people.)

So there are a lot of different kinds of networks in my inbox! Still,
for me it really comes down to people and what they do and finding our
common interests! So that is me: Gender, art, politics and a lot of
radio and technology!  This is what I'd like to know about from the
people on this list and participating in this network!

All the best,

Diana

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 6:00 PM, cdelutz at artlaboratory-berlin.org
<cdelutz at artlaboratory-berlin.org> wrote:
> Hi Diana,
>
> You can get access to the 100 or so subscribers:
>
> go to
> http://mailman.transmediale.de/mailman/listinfo/resource-net-transmediale.de
> scroll down, enter your email (the one you get reSource mailings on) and
> your password (on the email that confirmed your subscription).
>
> So far we've used the mailing list to
> 1. keep up with the reSource project
> 2. brainstorm for our slowly, but steadily forming group of spaces and
> curators (using the mailing list was a suggestion of Tatiana's)
> 3. Tatiana placed a call for projects/exhibitions for the 'satellite
> program' for the 2013 TM (reSource003: P2P Vorspiel) Hence my last email.
>
> I kinda like the old mailing list format for posting and receiving
> information, but maybe another format would be better for 'networking'.
> Something like ning a closed social network...but it would be cooler not use
> an existing corporate owned platform. Maybe Pit has an idea.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Chris
>
> P.S. Thanks for the feedback for the Netzwerk Berlin Projekträume - one of
> my colleagues knows Anne Bromley and we're scheduled to go on her show
> Sunday evening.
>

> Christian de Lutz
> ARTLABORATORYBERLIN
> Prinzenallee 34
> 13359 Berlin
>
> office/ post address:
> Nostitzstrasse 12
> 10961 Berlin
> www.artlaboratory-berlin.org

***
reboot.fm
Freies Künstlerradio aus Berlin!
88,4 MHz in Berlin & 90,7 MHz in Potsdam.

***