[resource-net] 4th Meeting and Roundtable: SUPERMARKT

Erika . erika at ore.lt
Wed Dec 12 16:24:53 CET 2012

Hey dear everybody and Marcus,

I find the meeting yesterday interesting and important. The only thing I do
not get, why we need to make everything so complicated? If artists,
curators or places have no needs they will probably not attend such a
meetings and will not join our community.
When ReSource made first their meeting, they had also doubts about it
importance.  But it worked out and already have very good results. For me
personally one meeting or meeting once in three month was too less, I also
got lost in the big crowd, was difficult to know each other.
I want to post one more time our first invite to the meeting where Chris
very clearly explain what is the purpose of the meeting.

Berlin has over 400 commercial galleries and 150 non-commercial project
spaces. In a scene still dominated by traditional media, how can spaces
concentrating on innovative works in New Media, technology and the borders
of the arts, science and technology raise their profile, attract a larger
public, and gain access to more funding?

We suggest creating a series of regular meetings, where curators and
organizers can exchange information, search for synergies, and discuss
common strategies for PR, fundraising and more.

Our first meeting will be to discuss our common needs and goals and decide
how we can best cooperate to achieve these. Bring your questions and ideas.
Possible areas for discussion may include, but are not limited too:

How can we raise the profile of 21st Century arts (New Media,
technologically driven art, Electronic Music, Bio-art, Science Art, etc) in
Berlin?

What are the possibilities for common publicity platforms for spaces (e.g.
a blog, website or flyer devoted to New Media exhibitions)?

Possible strategies for funding. Arts vs. science, technology or
educational funding. Partnerships with arts, educational or research
organizations. Raising awareness at local, city and federal level of New
Media arts projects to increase funding possibilities. Other ideas?

Connecting to a larger public. What is our position in the city of Berlin?
Do we want to provide our activities for a select public or to introduce
our projects to a larger public? How do we go about doing this?

I hope it helps to understand more about what happens in regular meetings.

LLLG
Erika

This will also be a chance to come together and get to know one another
better.