[resource-net] reSource-net: the reSource mailing-list

Tatiana Bazzichelli tbazz at transmediale.de
Wed Aug 8 15:32:01 CEST 2012

Dear all,

welcome to reSource-net! You just received a general description of this
mailing list, but we believe that a more informal presentation would
help to clarify the objectives of this new project, and hopefully
encourage a good discussion.
First of all, we would like to thank all of you once again for the great
participation at reSource 001: we were really glad of the general
atmosphere and interest.

After the summer break, we are currently in the process of organizing
the next reSource event, reSource 002: Out of Place, Out of time. You
can find the general description on the reSource blog:
http://www.transmediale.de/content/resource-002-out-place-out-time

For this occasion, we are planning a new collective meeting, scheduled
for 22 August: 15:00 - 19:00, in the conference room of Kunstraum
Kreuzberg /Bethanien (Mariannenplatz 2, U-Bahn Kottbusser Tor). You are
all invited! Some of your already received a personal invitation, and
some already confirmed their presence.

Thanks also to the reSource chats - a new ongoing activity which we are
progressively realizing
(http://www.transmediale.de/content/resource-chats) - we got very good
feedback from many of you. Generally it emerged the needs of making the
next reSource open discussion a bit more structured. It looks that it
would be important to have a specific focus, to avoid getting lost.

We reflected on this, and the idea would be to take this occasion as an
opportunity to collectively imagine distributed artistic initiatives in
the city, able to intervene within - and to reflect on - the current
economical and political framework of the Berlin art scene. Why this
idea? We think that beside the critical current economical and political
moment - which we are experiencing not only in the city, but in the
whole Europe - in Berlin something is moving. Since some time there have
been many collective initiatives oriented to redistribute equally the
creative capital in the city, to generate "a production and use of space
that is both collective and egalitarian" (quoting for example the Haben
und Brauchen Manifesto), and to work towards the creation of
network-based associations able to make a visible presence in the city.

Since the responsibility of many of us is also related to imagine and
transfer into practice a critical approach on art production, how would
it actually be possible to answer "artistically" to the difficult
political/economical situation?
Of course this question is related to a conception of art which is not
working outside of social and political engagement, therefore opening
the concept of "art" to a various and hybrid amount of practices /and
interventions.

Last July, following the thread initiated by our first open discussion
during reSource 001, ArtLaboratoryBerlin and Panke organized a "Meeting
of Berlin based New Media Spaces and Curators"
(http://www.transmediale.de/content/meeting-berlin-based-new-media-spaces-and-curators).
The idea of how to respond "artistically" in the city landscape by
creating a visible network of cultural agents, artists, activists, etc.
emerged very clearly. We would like to proceed towards this direction,
with the hope that other ideas and occasions of sharing will come, via
this mailing-list but also independently from us.
You are all welcome to take here the opportunity to exchange some topics
that can be continued at the reSource 002 event.

The next open discussion might be a good starting point for imagining a
collective engagement in the city, to strengthen a possible network
between cultural producers, artists, hackers, activists, queer
communities, and all the people interested in finding critical answers
to the current cultural and economical situation in Berlin.

We look forward to hearing from you!

All the best,

Tatiana Bazzichelli
reSource curator and programme developer

--
Tatiana Bazzichelli // curator and programme developer
reSource transmedial culture berlin // http://www.transmediale.de/resource

transmediale | festival for art and digital culture berlin
Klosterstr. 68 10179 Berlin, Germany | fon +49 30 24749 761 | fax +49 30
24749 763
Kulturprojekte Berlin GmbH
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender Volker Heller | Geschäftsführer Moritz van Dülmen